Journey Of Yakhili Academy
Year of Establishment. (With 36-students in KG-I, KG-II & Class-I).
As the location of the school is ideal and the aims of the institution are appropriate for all, it is growing quite fast.
Yakhili Academy got its registration in the year of 1992, Registration Detail : REGD. No. 2065.
* Approached B.C.M
(Baptist Church of Mizoram) for help to run the School ‘Yakhili Academy’.
* TTAADC Government permitted Yakhili Academy to occupy 5.80 acres of land within TTAADC Headquater Complex for the Purpose of Utilization of land for extending education to the children of the locality.
B.C.M (Baptist Church of Mizoram) sent L.L. Rokhum to be the first Headmaster of the Yakhili Academy English Medium School.
Resignation of First Headmaster
L.L. Rokhum resigned for personal reason and the School was without BCM (Baptist Church of Mizoram).
First-Hostel-Warden , Second-Headmaster , Boarding House Seat Approval
* February – BCM sent Mr. C. Lalremsanga to serve as warden in Yakhili Academy Hostel.
* September – BCM sent Mr. C. Vanlalsawma to be the Second Headmaster of the School.
* 13th March S.D.O Sadar Sub-Division accorded 150 Boarding House seats for Approval.
Third Headmaster Appointed
8th January Mr. T. NghakSanga from BCM (Baptist Church of Mizoram) took the charge of Headmaster.
Recognition of School & Sanction of Construction
* 13th January Education Department, Government of Tripura accorded Recognition of the School. (Vide order No.F.11(7-86)DSE/9 dated 13.1.2000.
* Construction of Principal Quarter – Sanctioned by BCM.
* Construction of First Ring-well – Sanctioned by BWS, Town Church, BCM.
* Construction of 100 ft long School building (Semi Pucca) – Sanctioned by ONGC.
Construction of Small Boy's Hostel
BCM, Bazar Veng Lunglei Constructed 80’x18′ building for Small Boy’s Hostel.
Education Board Affiliation (State Board)
TBSE accorded school Affiliation for Matriculation Examination / Madhyamic Examination.
First Batch to appear in Madhyamik Final Exam
* Another 100 ft long Semi Pucca School Building is Constructed.
* The School’s First Batch appeared Madhyamic Final Exam. 4 out of 5 (80%) passed the exam.
* Four Members delegates from SNBA under the leadership of Rev. C.K. Debbarma the E.S. went to the Headquarters of BCM.
* Serkawn with a request to send English Teacher to Yakhili Academy.
* BCM grant the request and sent Miss. Ruth Lalthlanawmi M.A. (English).
First Staff Quarters Constructed
* Staff Quarters for 3 Regularised staffs constructed.
First Girl's Hostel Constructed, First Computer bought
* The School’s First Computer is bought with the fund donated by Mr. Nandalal Debbarma, Member of the School Managing Committee.
* Great Spiritual revival happened in the school starting on 7th August 2005. This helped the authority in all aspects of administration. Students and staffs became more obedient and submissive to the authority and they are more sincere in their respective duties.
* Construction of Girl’s Hostel (Three storey) started.
Series of Great Achievement by Yakhili Academy Staff & Students
Harvesting Time for 2005 Spiritual Revival.
* Yakhili Academy Girls Contingent is awarded the ‘Best Contingent Award’ in March Pass on TTAADC Republic Day Celebration.
* Yakhili Academy Football Team won Republic Day Championship Trophy by defeating Khumpui Academy Football team by 4 – 0 Goals in the Final.
* CRPF C.O. Shekhawat Sap Came to the School and sanctioned Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Only) for construction of Boy’s Hostel toilet.
* Tribal Welfare Director, Hminga Darlong visited us and when he saw our Girl’s Hostel Building under Construction, he sanctioned Rs.3,00,000/- (Rupees Three Lakh only) on our request.
* In 2005 we have 12 students in Class -X, all of them appeared Madhyamik Exam in 2006. All candidates pass the exam and this time is the first we have a candidate who passed in First Division.
* The front side of the School building is leveled for Playground by spending Rs. 67,000/- (Rupees Sixty Seven Thousand only). Out of this total amount, Rs.63,360/- (Rupees Sixty Three Thousand Three Hundred Sixty Only) is donated by Churches in Mizoram and Rs.3,640 (Rupees Three Thousand Six Hundred Forty Only) by Guardians of the School.
2007 - 2013
Yakhili Academy Affected by Hurricane Mahasen
Gradually all-round development takes place, but unfortunately Hurricane Mahasen, a strong cyclone blew away the roof (178 ft long) of the School building because of which we are bound to demolish the same and start New Building construction in 2014.
New Construction Begins After Affected by Hurricane Mahasen
Construction was build upon again for School’s New Building after the Old School Building was demolished which was affected by Hurricane Mahasen.
Carpeting of Roads
Carpeting of the Hostel approach road (400 meters long) from ADC main road to Boys’s and Girls’s Hostels is done with Rs. 14.5 Lakh fund sanctioned by TTAADC Government. The year of Trials and Temptations, God showed His faithfulness to those who Trust in Him .